Wednesday 9 November 2016

I'm Back From Onstage Live!



So you might know that every 6 months, each April and November, Stampin' Up! has a convention called "Onstage Live".
This November, the Live was held in Brisbane!
I was lucky enough to be able to leave my very busy family and head off for 4 nights to be inspired and to recharge.
As none of my team were able to join me this time, it was really an adventure for me - to leave my family in our busiest time of the year, to travel to the other side of the country, to make my way from the airport to Brisbane and to check into my very own hotel room, to take myself out to dinner and cocktails, to go to a convention of over 600 very excited ladies, then to get myself back to the airport and on a plane back to Perth and to my gorgeous family, and to do it all on my own and without feeling overwhelmed -  I have to say, I am so proud of myself for achieving all of this!
 In typical Stampin' Up! style, when my wonderful SU sisters found out that I was on my own, I had so many offers to sit with them in the general sessions, and in our classes, that I didn't feel alone, and I made some lovely new friends! It really is wonderful to be a part of such a community, and I am grateful for all of the lovely ladies that I know through SU!
Our first day began at 12pm at the Convention Centre, when we could collect our bags and goodies. You could hear the roar of the ladies, and a few gents as well, from the bottom of the escalator:

Once in the foyer, we made our way to the info desk and collected our bags and goodies:



Inside our bags was a very useful diary, our name badge and lanyard, a passport holder, pens, gift voucher and a stamp set from the upcoming Occasions Catalogue.






There were signs to tell us where to be and what to do, and lots of decorated tables to sit at and rest or catch up with fellow demos, we also sat at these for lunch the next day. There were display boards everywhere for demos to put up any samples they had made and other boards would display all stage samples as they were demonstrated, plenty of time to take detailed pictures to use for inspiration later.

General Session is my favourite part of Convention. We sit in the auditorium and watch talented demonstrators inspire us with their stamping presentations, their talks on how they find success in their businesses, where we watch Shelli and Sara show us why SU is such a successful business - these ladies are so inspiring!, where we celebrate each others milestones and accomplishments, with stage walks and presentations.  We are included in company plans, and I think this is what makes Stampin' Up! such a special business to be a part of!

General session finished around 5.30, so I headed back to my hotel. I stayed at Mantra Southbank, which is only about 200m walk away, before I went and explored Southbank gardens and the wonderful eateries available.



 The view from my room on the 7th floor.


My favourite restaurant - Mucho Mexicano, the most amazing Maragaritas!


Southbank Parklands

Day 1 was wonderful, and I couldn't wait for Day 2 as we had all of our hands on classes to look forward to - check out the blog post to hear about it!
Until next time,
Kylie 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...